Zum Inhalt springen

fix to 3rd brake light leakage and door closing problem in GC 600 ?

Gregski

Empfohlene Beiträge

Dear All,

I will write it in English, to be precise, I am too lazy to write it in german  (is not good enough). 

I see that many people have problem with 3rd brake light leakage, but I have feeling, we do not see real cause of this problem.

And here is what I think why: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOZnOrtuTkA

Crafter is delivered to GC assembly line with rear bumper. Then all GC furnitures will be assembled, and people do not see anymore BODY VENT'S.

Here they are:

Main reason why they are there is that doors during closing pumps plenty of air inside, generating overpressure in car body.

Especially sliding doors.

Even VW Golf has them to allow better door/trunk closing.

In our case, just behind furnitures in back part of car there is plenty of thermal insulation witch is blocking air gaps and finally those vents are limited or non working.

I have double-checked it in mine - all covered with self-adhesive insulation, here are VW pics:

Finally: overpressure have to find the way out and next weakest point is.... yes, it's 3rd stop light sealing.

If you want to try how tight is body do following experiment:

1. close all windows and doors 

2. try closing slide doors and check how strong you have to do it

3. now open front doors and close again slide doors - they close smooth and easy.

Roof vent is not big enough to pump out this short time overpressure.

I have almost always roof windows in unlocked position - roof windows works like flaps for me. 

But I guess even butyl sealing will be pushed out sooner or later, so VW fix to this problem is temporary.

I hope that this info can be helpful for other users and hopefully VW will fix this one day... 

Bearbeitet von n.t5
copyright

You do not have the required permissions to view the quote content in this post.

Nice theory but you forgot about the air exhaust in the roof and floor and before the air tries to find its way through the 3. brake light, it tries to escape through the exhaust.
The problem with the 3 brake light is the seal and setting loss over heat, etc. .

Regrads

Norman

You do not have the required permissions to view the quote content in this post.

heißt: Ich werde es auf Englisch schreiben, um genau zu sein, ich bin zu faul, es auf Deutsch zu schreiben....

Da bin ich aber begeistert, bin aber zu faul darauf zu reagieren 🙄

Hi Norman,

total cross-section of both vents you have mentioned is less than 25% of those behind bumper. Especially lower one is a joke, go under the car and check where it goes - back spring fix point with three/four small holes. 
It is not enough. 
LG Greg

Keep it this way. 

Location of vents (pic is mine):

You do not have the required permissions to view the image content in this post.

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung wiederherstellen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

• Von 7 Mitgliedern gesehen

dennisausbremen Artc88 Mike1978 SpeedyDresden przemmko Stefan19 JohnCoop
  • Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir haben Cookies auf Deinem Gerät platziert. Das hilft uns diese Webseite zu verbessern. Du kannst die Cookie-Einstellungen anpassen, andernfalls gehen wir davon aus, dass Du damit einverstanden bist, weiterzumachen.