Zum Inhalt springen

Tailgate Struts 1200N

Javim

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi everyone

I have a converted Transported T6 with the door of a California (with the chairs in).

As the struts in my tailgate where not holding the door enough, I went for some new stronger ones "Stabilus LIFT-O-MAT 878353". They are rated with a force of 1200N and recommended to be used with the bike rack on the door. 

I have mounted them without the bike rack and my surprise was that they hold the same or even less than the original ones from the transporter. Which of course does not meet the description, which says that they should be able to hold the door with the bike rack on it and TWO BIKES!

I got them refunded. They were from different shops. So, one shop did not need me to send it back. So I have one to give for FREE if someone is interested. One can pick it up for free or I can ship it (I live in Austria, Innsbruck).

Bottom line. Which struts do you recommend me to hold the door with the chairs inside and the bike rack (without bikes, i do not need to hold it with bikes on) ??

• Antworten 1
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Top-Benutzer in diesem Thema

• Javim

• Nickman_83

Aktive Tage

Top-Benutzer in diesem Thema

You do not have the required permissions to view the quote content in this post.

Hi Javim,

just search for 1400nm in the search section. Most cali drivers are talking about the 1400nm versions of struts when they face the problem of a heavier door.

One mentioned Busschmiede for round about 85€ as his best fit.

But beware of the bigger force while opening this door afterwards. :;-):

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung wiederherstellen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir haben Cookies auf Deinem Gerät platziert. Das hilft uns diese Webseite zu verbessern. Du kannst die Cookie-Einstellungen anpassen, andernfalls gehen wir davon aus, dass Du damit einverstanden bist, weiterzumachen.