Breeze

VW LTE Router Issues

Breeze

Hi all,

I have this option installed and to-date it has not worked very well at all, The LTE router is manufactured via Lesswire GmbH.

In the UK it is sited under the drivers seat, however unless I am camped close to a phone mast it will not connect. I believe that that the antennae is above the side sliding door, however upon inspection only one antenna connection is fitted via VW, Lesswire ask for X2. the antenna connection sockets are mauve in colour. 

I am not sure that the actual antenna is located in the best position.

Could anyone who has one fitted confirm how many antenna connection wires you have fitted.

I have spoken to Lesswire via email and found them very helpful and with a great product when installed correctly.

Will

Edited by Breeze

ralfvd

I have the CCU4 model from Lesswire, where in theory, two antennas can be used. But also in my GC600, only one is used. I didn't follow the cord to see where it ends.   That's bad from VW if Lesswire recommends two antennas. 

I am also having connectivity issues, but on another level; I don't see the "Volkswagen" SSID on my devices.

If I type in the SSID manually (which is found on the keycard), it states it cannot be found.

I do see a green led on the Lesswire device (if I activate Wifi on the control panel)

Is the SSID normally hidden?  Or does it only appear when I plugin a SIM card?   I first want to take a look at the configuration settings before I plugin a SIM card. 

lutzha

Only with a SIM-Card inside the WLAN will be activated

best regards

Lutz

Breeze
You do not have the required permissions to view the quote content in this post.

Simply just swoop the cable to the far left hand connection. It works.

jwinkler

Hello,

I thought about retrofitting the LTE router and researched everything! According to the VW ETKA catalog, the LTE antennas should be behind the windscreen next to the sensors and should not be available as standard, and must also be retrofitted!

Breeze
You do not have the required permissions to view the quote content in this post.

Hi there, the antenna is fitted above the sliding door behind the white paneling and VW only fit x1 antenna. The Lesswire WiFi unit is located under the driver seat UK side.

jwinkler

Ok, driver's silk is on the passenger side in DE.

I look the days to see if I can find LTE cables. The cable construction should be the same for all, or there should only be one.

If you have both antenna cables in place, how about another antenna?

jwinkler

You do not have the required permissions to view the link content in this post.

jwinkler

One antenna, does it have one or two connections?

Breeze

Hi yes it has X2 connections, go to the Lesswire site and download the instructions 

You do not have the required permissions to view the link content in this post.