Zum Inhalt springen

aufstelldach umbauen

wojass

Empfohlene Beiträge

hallo

ich weiss nicht wie ich auf deutch das erklären kann, dann versuche ich auf englisch

I have my orginal california roof for t5... Now i wanna fit this roof to my van. Its a normal panel van without any windows. Can be any problem to do that or maybe some thing that I need keep on eye on that.... maybe somone from this forum fit the roof to t5... ??????

• Antworten 3
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Top-Benutzer in diesem Thema

• exCEer

• Lefty75

• bullifan

• wojass

Top-Benutzer in diesem Thema

If it is an original VWN T5 California roof, than it could

be difficult to fit this on T5 Transporten with normal roof.

Maybe you can gat some information here:

You do not have the required permissions to view the link content in this post.

This company is able to fit original VWN roofs

on normal T5 Transportes.

• 4 Wochen später...

Hi wojass,

we have a Transporter that has the original California roof (manually not hydraulicaly operated) and the conversion was done at polyroof, the company Lefty75 mentioned BUT:

The T5 is build by VW in two different versions concerning the roof:

1. the standard (sheet metal) roof almost all of the TraPos, Caravelles and Multivans have.

2. the "open" roof that ist thereafter used for "extensions" like the California or two different polyfibre roofs (one with a height of 20cm the other one 40cm)

These two versions are built on different assembly lines. So the "open roof" versions have very different construction features in the roof area. For example: they are, right from the assembly line, strengthend in various areas of the roof to cope for the "missing" material.

In your case you would just cut a hole into the standard sheet metal roof and then adapt your California roof to it. Nevertheless in the end your car will be very different from the "original" one.

I´m sure it can be done, but it will not be very easy AND polyroof can not be of any help because usually they do it just the other way around (disassemble the California roof and install one of their own "fix" polyfibre roofs) and in our very special case (the first and only ever done!) our Transporter was (by mistake of the salesperson) built with the 20cm polyfibre roof extension so the roof opening and construction was exactly the same as for any California model, making it much easier to fit the roof to the car.

As an alternative you could check on the aftersales roofs for the T5 like SCA or Reimo cause they are specifically built for installing on a "standard" metal T5 roof.

Regards

Andreas

Hallo zusammen,

nur mal so zur Info: Der gute wojass bietet hier und anderswo seit einiger Zeit wie Sauerbier eine komplette Cali-Innenausstattung + Dach an - abzuholen irgendwo jenseits der Oder-Neiße Grenze. Herkunft unbekannt, Eigentumsnachweis Fehlanzeige.

Jetzt war da wohl die Idee, einen anderen T5 "mal eben so auf Cali umzufrickeln" - ja Leute geht denn das? Fragt man doch mal da wo man sich mit auskennt...

Trotzdem vielen Dank an diejenigen, die sich mit ihrer Antwort richtig Mühe gegeben haben - allein, es ist "das Papier nicht wert". Sieht man ja auch an der unglaublichen Reaktionszeit des TE...

Ich mache hier jetzt zu - im Marktplatz hat er sich auch schon verewigt...

Viele Grüße

Jochen

Gast
Dieses Thema wurde nun für weitere Antworten gesperrt.

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir haben Cookies auf Deinem Gerät platziert. Das hilft uns diese Webseite zu verbessern. Du kannst die Cookie-Einstellungen anpassen, andernfalls gehen wir davon aus, dass Du damit einverstanden bist, weiterzumachen.