Zum Inhalt springen

Teltonika Router and antenna

Breeze

Empfohlene Beiträge

Good morning all,

As previously discussed we are pretty much dissatisfied with our OEM VW LESSWIRE router, so I am thinking of installing a Teltonika router possibly the RUTX 14. Has any member had one installed in place of the original VW router.

if so did you encounter any issues? Is the existing VW wiring compatible,  did you fit the antenna internally or externally on the roof. Dose it use any more power than the original.  

The antenna is COMBO QUAD MOBILE/GNSS ROOF SMA ANTENNA.

There is a new one being launched around October/November 22 which will now cover 5G.

Any feedback would be very welcome.

Kind regards,

Will

• Antworten 6
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Top-Benutzer in diesem Thema

• Breeze

• gosswald

• Eber123

• Jens_E

Top-Benutzer in diesem Thema

Hi Will,

I dont know either the LESSWIRE nor the Teltonika.

But I´m very interested in that, because my wife is thinking about working remotely out of our GC.

So i have to install a bit of infrastructure for her.

please let me know in case you have more information.

thanks a lot

kind regards

guenter

Hi Guenter,

this has been covered on the forum quite a lot with regards to the VW LESSWIRE LTE router, they are very sub standard and would not recommend them at all, however I believe the wireing is pre installed under the seat whether the router option has been chosen thus giving you what you need to install your own option. 
That’s why I’m looking to change to the Teltonika router which on paper is far superior. However I might have to have a roof mounted antenna. 

I will be travelling around Spain for 8 weeks and will change to the Teltonika say in January ready for summer 2023. 

kind regards,

will

You do not have the required permissions to view the quote content in this post.

that´s neccessary because of 5G?

kind regards

Günter

• 3 Wochen später...

You do not have the required permissions to view the quote content in this post.

Thanks Gunter,

The new one has been launched. 

kind regards,

will

Hello,

In various posts it was mentioned that the "... cables for the Lesswire router are pre-wired ...".

I believe I have found the power cable under the driver's seat, but what is the story about the antenna cable? Is the antenna (just over the sliding door) also pre-installed? And if this is the case (which would be brilliant) what kind of connectors does it have?

Regards,

Eberhard

...we're using rut955 and rutx13 in our racecars for telemetey and application usecases. the original lesswire / vw power supply plug will not fit 1:1. 

it's neccessary to build your own power supply connector based on the existing wiring loom. which is quite easy. 

same for the existing weak vw antenna. you could use a fakra-d > sm converter or use a external antenna with the right sm connectors on the roof of your car. which is the best option for maximum reception. 

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung wiederherstellen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

• Von 8 Mitgliedern gesehen

flxds uwesoe Globe CaliMaic SteveBob tykkelsen Ackermann kischde

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir haben Cookies auf Deinem Gerät platziert. Das hilft uns diese Webseite zu verbessern. Du kannst die Cookie-Einstellungen anpassen, andernfalls gehen wir davon aus, dass Du damit einverstanden bist, weiterzumachen.